DFW Decluttered LLC has a team of Organizing Assistants and is always looking for more to call on!
Works Closely With: Owner (Kiera), Lead Organizers, other Organizing Assistants
Hours: ?12-18 hours/week, Hours not guaranteed and are flexible
Status:? Subcontractor. You will be called on and can accept or decline each time the company reaches out to see if you are available.
Compensation:? $15-17/hour based on experience
? Responsible for sorting, moving, and storing items on site.
? Work to group a client's possessions for easy decluttering and purging, and place the client's items into organizational systems as directed by Lead Organizer.
? Help to maintain a tidy and professional environment throughout the course of an organizing job.
? Responsibilities on site include:
- Sort and tag items in a room or space creating logical groupings for client review
- Take out trash onsite, break down recycling onsite, and load and deliver donation items to a donation place that is preferred by the client.
- Use organizing supplies as directed by Team Lead Organizer to create systems with the items that clients keep after decluttering.
- Assemble small furniture items, such as storage boxes or shelving units
- Install basic organizational hanging units when appropriate
? Perform additional assignments as directed by Lead Organizer
- has a passion for helping others get decluttered and organized
- willing to wear a mask on the job, except while working outdoors or in attics
- can assist in arranging and moving items of all sizes and weights and must be able to lift heavy items.
- needs to interact well with clients and be flexible in how they work with different personality types.
- needs to work well with others as typically we work as a team
- needs to be kind and extremely non-judgemental, keeping any commentary to yourself
- needs to be patient, show empathy and compassion.
- must be willing to sign a non-compete agreement and a sub-contractor agreement as well as fill out a W9.
? Understanding of basic organizing techniques to start or willing to learn
? Ability to work closely with a team
? Ability to lift 20-40 pounds and to climb stairs or ladders
? Excellent with
? attention to detail
? communication skills
? positive attitude
? time management skills
? willingness to learn
? empathy and kindness towards our clients and each other
? Part-time schedule
? Hours are ~8:15-2:30pm, Monday-Friday
? Need to be available to work 2-3 days/week
? Hours are not guaranteed, but dependent on how much work we have
Feel free to check out DFW Decluttered LLC at www.dfwdecluttered.com
1. Read the full Organizing Assistant Job Description.
2. Email these items to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Organizing Assistant Job Description” in the subject line:
? Your resume
? Your available start date
? Record a 90 second or less video introducing yourself. Include what organization means to you in your own life and why you want to join our team.
? Send 4 photos of your own home or a space you have organized for others. If you don’t have examples, tell me what you hope to learn from this position and why.