Director of Admissions and Outreach
We are looking for a positive, confident, entrepreneurial, and energetic self-starter to lead the outreach and admissions process at our campus. The Director of Admissions and Outreach reports to the Head of School and is responsible for leading the personalized admissions process for prospective families including identifying, recruiting, enrolling, and retaining students best served by The Novus Academy’s mission and vision. The Director of Admissions and Outreach will serve as a liaison to the professional community and will initiate and maintain relationships with other professionals to increase the school’s public profile and generate referrals.
|Key Job Responsibilities:
Ideal Candidates Will Have:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive recruitment strategy.
- Partner with Head of School to build and maintain relationships with area schools, educational consultants, and other professionals in the community to grow admissions leads.
- Manage the admissions funnel from initial inquiry to acceptance.
- Provide outstanding customer service and create a “VIP experience” for prospective families, professionals, and community members.
- Partner with Head of School to hold admissions meetings with prospective families to determine appropriateness of school for student and move the family through the enrollment process.
- Represent the school at recruiting events and plan, market, and execute enrollment focused events at the school.
- Be an active thought-partner in the development of marketing and communications strategy.
- Provide reporting to Head of School on enrollment trends.
- Meet annual enrollment goals.
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of proven experience in private school admissions is preferred.
- Alignment to The Novus Academy’s mission and core values.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, superb presentation skills, and the ability to engage with groups and individuals comfortably, warmly, and effectively in a professional setting.
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be self-motivated and have strong decision-making skills, as well as the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- A high level of energy to work simultaneously on many tasks and projects as well as sound judgement in conferring with people from a broad array of backgrounds regarding personal and sometimes sensitive topics.
- Strong work ethic combined with a high degree of professionalism and discretion and the ability to maintain confidentiality and the integrity of the admissions process.
- Proficiency with student information systems, CRM software, and common office and productivity software is essential.
- Must be able to analyze and synthesize data, make data informed decisions, and adjust strategy based on data and results.
- Should be a strategic thinker who is compassionate, enthusiastic, and detail oriented with exceptional interpersonal, leadership, organizational, time management, and presentation skills.
- Must have driver’s license and transportation and be able to pass a criminal background check.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, or sex.